Right to reside and habitual residence
This one-day standard level course looks at the operation of the right to reside and habitual residence tests in benefits and tax credits. It covers how these tests are satisfied, and focuses on the residence rights of those who face the greatest difficulties: European nationals and their family members.
The course covers:
- Which factors are relevant in establishing habitual residence
- Main residence rights of European nationals eg, workers and self-employed
- Retaining rights when work ends
- Acquiring a permanent right of residence
- Residence rights as a carer or family member
This course is aimed at those who advise European nationals on benefit entitlement either occasionally or not to the stage of challenging decisions. Those more experienced, should book instead on the experienced level course Residence and presence tests - in detail. If you also advise non-European nationals you should instead book on the two-day course Benefits for people from abroad.
"Wonderful course, invaluable"