Mental health and benefits
This course provides a practical and tactical look at working with people with mental health diagnoses to help secure full entitlement to benefits, and to help avoid some of the pitfalls of the system.
The course covers:
- Common diagnoses, symptoms, medication and side-effects
- Barriers to people getting the right entitlement
- Personal independence payment in a mental health context
- Medical tests for universal credit and employment and support allowance
- Tactics for dealing with other benefit issues
A basic knowledge of the benefits system is assumed.
Monday 28 October 2019, 10:00-16:30 London, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5