Mental health and benefits
This popular course is jointly led by Paula John, a mental health officer and social worker with extensive experience in mental health, and Alison Gillies, welfare rights worker with CPAG. It provides a practical and tactical look at working with people with mental health diagnoses to help secure full entitlement to benefits, and to help avoid some of the pitfalls of the system.
The course covers:
• Common diagnoses, symptoms, medication and side-effects
• Barriers to people getting the right entitlement
• Personal independence payment in a mental health context
• Medical tests for employment and support allowance and universal credit
• Tactics for dealing with other benefit issues
A basic knowledge of the benefits system is assumed.
Friday 30 June 2017, 10:00-16:30 London, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Monday 29 January 2018, 10:00-16:30 London, £138 voluntary organisations, £195 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5