Introduction to child poverty and financial help for families
Many more children in Scotland will be living in poverty by 2020. This half-day course looks at why this is and which families are likely to be most affected. Participants will be encouraged to consider the steps they can take in their own roles to prepare for the predicted increase in child poverty and make a practical difference to families.
The course covers:
- What is child poverty and why is it important
- An overview of benefits for families in pregnancy and the early years
- Family benefits and welfare reform
- Financial help for families in crisis
- Facing the challenges: how you can respond to increasing child poverty
This course is particularly aimed at professionals working in Early Years, eg, nursery or school staff, health visitors and midwives, or anyone with an interest in child poverty. It is aimed at those with no or limited knowledge of benefits.
“GOOD MIX OF POLICY AND PRACTICAL”
“WILL ASSIST WITH FAMILIES WE WORK WITH”
Wednesday 5 September 2018, 13:00-16:00 Glasgow, £94 voluntary/CABx organisations, £135 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:3