Income maximisation for carers
Becoming a carer of a disabled person often means a drop in household income. Carers may be thinking of leaving work or trying to combine work with care.
This one-day course gives an introduction to the main benefits available for carers and explains how to maximise income through benefit checks. It will help you support clients decide what to claim in or out of work.
The course covers:
• Meeting the conditions for carer’s allowance
• New carer’s allowance supplement in Scotland
• Income support and universal credit – which applies and how to maximise entitlement
• Help with housing costs
• The effect of work on benefits for carers
• New young carer grant in Scotland
• Local authority duties to provide information and advice including income maximisation
‘FANTASTIC COURSE, REALLY ENJOYED IT’
Thursday 12 September 2019, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £140 voluntary / CABx organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5