Dealing with destitution
Increasingly advisers are supporting clients who have been left destitute due to a problem with their benefits. This course covers the common causes and focuses on practical steps advisers can take to get benefits in payment and access other support.
The course covers:
- Challenging sanctions and getting hardship payments
- Dealing with delays and suspensions
- Short-term benefit advances – who is eligible and how to get them
- Accessing the Scottish Welfare Fund and other sources of help
- Options for clients who have failed the work capability assessment for employment and support allowance or universal credit
The course is suitable for advisers with a working knowledge of benefits wanting to update and consolidate skills and information.
“WOULD RECOMMEND TO OTHERS”
“VERY PRACTICAL ADVICE THAT CAN BE USED REGULARLY”
Thursday 31 May 2018, 10:00-16:00 Glasgow, £138 voluntary/CABx organisations, £196 statutory/other organisations,Training CPD hours:5