Dealing with destitution
Advisers are often faced with clients who have been left destitute due to a problem with their benefits. This course will cover issues that frequently cause clients to be left without any income and focus on the practical steps advisers can take to get their clients benefits in payment as quickly as possible.
The course covers:
- Challenging the most common sanction decisions and getting hardship payments
- Dealing with delays and suspensions: getting benefit claims dealt with
- Short Term Benefit Advances – who is eligible and how to get them
- Accessing local welfare schemes and other sources of help
- Options for clients who have failed the WCA