Benefits for non-EEA nationals
Advisers can find it difficult and intimidating to advise non-European nationals on how their immigration status affects entitlement to benefits and tax credits. This one-day standard level course offers an opportunity for advisers to gain knowledge and confidence by taking a step-by-step approach and looking in-depth look at how the rules apply to different scenarios.
The course covers:
• Who is a ‘person subject to immigration control’
• Which benefits they are excluded from and the exceptions
• When a ‘no recourse to public funds’ restriction is relevant
• How a change in immigration status affects entitlement to benefits
• The benefit entitlements of someone living with a partner or child with a different immigration status
If you advise European nationals you should also book on the standard level course, Benefits for EEA Nationals or the experienced level course Benefits for EEA Nationals – Advanced.
Wednesday 9 October 2019, 10:00-16:30 London, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Tuesday 19 November 2019, 10:00-16:30 Manchester, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5
Monday 23 March 2020, 10:00-16:30 London, £140 voluntary organisations, £199 statutory / other organisations,Training CPD hours:5